Knowledge of Engine Oil Grades || Be Informed About your Engine Oil
Author- Bharti Singh Kalhans
The most important service for any car is engine oil. The Engine oil is the main lubricant that plays a significant role. Lets Understand why engine oil is so important:
1. Engine oil dilute the friction among the parts of the engine at the various stages of the combustion cycle reducing the wear and tear of the internal parts of the engine.
2. Engine oils also have anti-corrosion abilities which save the cylinder block from getting Rust.
3. Engine oil helps negate the acids that are released at any stage of the combustion process from the fuel and oxidation of other lubricants.
4. Engine oil keeping your engine running like new in all the different conditions.
So Now we know that the engine oil play a significant role for our engine but What Do you think all engine oil perform the same manner?
No, different engines demand different engine oils to function and operate perfectly. The engine oils are recommended by car manufacturers based on some parameters of our car.
You Shall know the grades of engine oil being put inside your car to yield the best performance along with a healthy life span of your Car’s Engine.
What are grades Define in Engine Oil?
Engine oils have different grades which are differentiated on the basis of their viscosities. Viscosity is the quantity expressing the internal friction of the fluid. Different engine oils have different viscosities at room temperature and also react differently with temperature changes. Selecting an engine oil grade for your car depends upon your car’s engine and also the place with in which climate you are driving in.
What does “20W-50” mean in engine oil?
The engine oil grade consists of 4 characters. Adolf7 explain you the meaning of each of them:
- The first number is followed by a ‘W’. Here the W stands for and represents how the oil will react in winters.
- In simple words, the number with the W represents the parameter of how the oil will flow in cold conditions.
- The smaller the number, the better will be the flow. For instance, a 15W-40 oil will have a better cold flow than 20W-50 engine oil.
- The number in the following part is the indication of how the finely the oil will flow at normal operating temperature once it is achieved.
Different Types of Grades in engine oil. ADOLF7 Will help you to know each grade with their work :
Let’s Understand the engine oil grades available globally: Few examples are explain Below;
There are total 11 viscosity grades are 0W, 5W, 10W, 15W, 20W, 25W, 20. 30. 40. 50. 60.
- 0W-20 The 0W-20 oil is manage to behave as a 0 weight oil at the starting temperature and a 20 weight oil when the engine will reach its normal operating temperature.
- 0W-30 The 0W-30 oil is manage to behave as a 0 weight oil at the starting temperature and a 30 weight oil when the engine will reach its normal operating temperature.
- 0W-40 The 0W-40 oil is manage to behave as a 0 weight oil at the starting temperature and a 20 weight oil when the engine will reach its normal operating temperature.
- 5W-30 5W-30 is the most commonly available and most extensively used engine oil in the Indian market. Most of the Indian car manufacturers recommend this.
- 5W-40 5W-40 is the fully synthetic engine oil which performs like a 5 weight engine oil when experiencing a cold start and 40 weight oil once the engine reaches normal operating temperature.
- 10W-40 10W-40 is the engine oil which offers a 10Weight performance in the cold starting temperature and 40 weight performance at the normal operating temperature of the engine.
“Adolf7 Automotive Industries Pvt. Ltd.” Provide all the grades oil and since that time we are dealing in Manufacturing and Trading of Engine Oil, Gear Oil, Hydraulic Oil, Shocker Oil and many more. Our offered products are highly praised in the market owing to their long shelf life. Apart from this, with the help of our skilled logistics personnel, we are able to bring about patrons’ orders within the specified time-frame. ADOLF7 Automotive Industries has unique formula to manufacture Engine Oil, Industrial Oil and Grease, based upon German Technology. All of our products are in-house lab tested as well Third Party ISO Certified lab tested on ASTM standards whose parameters are regulated by American Petroleum Institute, it assures the quality of the products.
So Choosing Right Grade oil will always help you to ease your engine oil performance best and the right grade oil gives you the best benefits.
DO you agree???